Saturday, February 5, 2011

To Miss A Single Thing

PRUDENCE IS ALIVE! Well, all of you who read Chrissa's blog already know that,
but for those of you who don't...

My sister, Prudence, was in a coma after getting hit by a car. She just woke from
the coma and is chattier than ever.
....Then again, my name now to her is 'Juweea.'

When she came back from the coma, I had to go to Chicago with Julie,
Rebecca, Becca, Elizabeth, Callie, and Molly for Chorus Sectionals.
Which is where I am now. It's so NICE here in Chicago.
"JULIE!" I yell.
"Yeah, Julia?" Julie comes in the room, we share a room here.
"Remind me to move here." I smile.
"With George and you're little Standbright children?" Julie jokes.

Excuse me while I go kill my sister. >.<
"WHATCHA TY-Meanie." Julie narrows her eyes at me.
"Look who's talking." I joke.
"I wasn't mean, it's called 'Predicting the future.'" Julie puts her hands up in
surrender as she goes back to the bathroom to get ready for the Celebration
for us winning Sectionals.
Oh yeah, I had to fill in for my sisters, Prudence, Charity, and Chrissa at
Sectionals.
Our set list was;
Carrie Underwood's 'Cowboy Casanova,' sung by Rebecca, (who was
AMAZING at it!)
John Lennon's 'Imagine,' sung by Callie, (not a dry eye in the place)
'You're The One That I Want' from Grease, sung by Lizzie and Jake, (ADORABLE!
Their voices go really well together)
and lastly, Jay-Z and Alicia Keys' 'Empire State Of Mind' which everyone sang.
Have any of you ever seen the show 'Glee?'
Well, if you have, our whole performance of that song was inspired from when
THEY did it. Except Nationals aren't in New York City, but Regionals are.
Which we are going to!
"JULIA! TIME TO GO!" Julie calls out.
I will come back and tell you about the celebration when I get back!

-x-~IN THE TAXI~-x-
I hopped in the taxi which already had Mrs. Hodge, Molly, Callie, Elizabeth,
Rebecca, Becca, Jake, Nathan, Matt, Ryan, and Keith.

Don't worry.
It was a big limo.

"Hey everyone!" I greeted.
"Hey Julia." Everyone replied.

We started having a conversation about how nervous we were before
performing for sectionals. Then we started talking about how nice Rebecca and
I were to fill in for Chrissa, Charity, and Prudence.

"We're here!" Mrs. Hodge beamed from the front of the taxi. We all got out of the
car, Mrs. Hodge paid and we all looked around.
"Where the heck are we?" Julie asked.
"In front of a big building that has a lot of big space in front of it." Mrs. Hodge
smiled.
"Yeah, I see that. But WHY are we here?" Julie asked.

Everyone shared confused expressions with each other.

"You are going to perform a song for all of these people! You're going to New
York in 4 weeks, in front of a BIG audience. Consider this your assignment for this
week." Mrs. Hodge smiled.
Everyone who was in the chorus groaned. Apparently assignments take a lot of
work.
"You don't have any instruments, so you need certain people to imitate them for
 a few times, and everyone needs to have at least two seconds of solo time."
Mrs. Hodge smiled.
"Where are you going?" Callie asked as Mrs. Hodge began to walk away.

"I'm going to give you 1 hour to get ready for your BIG PERFORMANCE! Don't let me down, kiddos." Mrs. Hodge waved then walked inside a Subway.

"Great. We have to sing, and she's going to get a sub." I muttered.
"Okay, anyone have any song ideas?" Molly asked.
"Why are you asking?" Keith asked.
"Because, I'm the only one who's TRYING to be a leader." Molly narrowed her
eyes.
"Keith, dude. Just give it a rest." Nathan held Keith back.
"And I got nothing." Rebecca sighed.
We all paced around, trying to think.
"WAIT!" Elizabeth called out.

We all stopped in our tracks.
"Remember how Charity picked out the last song from the Winter Dance?" Elizabeth asked.
"She used her iPod!" Jake exclaimed.

"Anybody got their iPod?" Becca asked.
"I do!" Matt smiled, pulling out his iTouch.

"Shuffle!" We all exclaimed.

"And the song is....." Ryan said.
"Drum roll please." Matt said.

We all slapped our knees to imitate drums.

"Train's 'Hey Soul Sister.'" Matt smiled.
"What the heck was that song doing on YOUR iPod?" Nathan teased.
"Oh lay off it." Matt's British vocabulary shows when he gets mad.
"It was only a joke." Nathan defended himself.
"I know." Matt laughed.

"But this is good." Molly smiled.
"Yeah, we can sing it like they did on 'Glee.'" Julie smiled.

Then we practiced and practiced for an hour. My legs hurt and my throat was sore, but it was all in good fun.

"Okay. I take it you guys have a song, right?" Mrs. Hodge came back.
"Yup! It's awesome, if I do say so myself." Molly's grey eyes sparkled.
"Then, I will just introduce you all. So go in your places." Mrs. Hodge smiled.

"Attention, ladies and gentlemen!" Mrs. Hodge called out.
Everyone seemed to slow down or stop walking completely.
"This is American Girls and Guys of the Past and Present Academy's Chorus or Glee Club. They just won their sectionals and are headed to New York City in a few weeks for Regionals. We would like to show you a bit of how they perform."
Mrs. Hodge smiled.

A light applause began and we all turned around to face the road.

All of us imitated the guitar intro with our voices while Molly took the first solo.

"Hey, Hey, Hey. Tonight." She sang melodically.
"Your lipstick stains on the front lobe of my left side brains I knew I wouldn't forget you, and so I went and let you blow my mind" She pointed to her head.

She then turned and went back into her original position and Ryan replaced her.

"Your sweet moon beam, the smell of you in every single dream I dream
I knew when we collided, you're the one I have decided who's one of my kind"

We all slid from one side to the next while he sang. He danced back to his original position with Elizabeth replacing him.

"Hey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio," She pointed to one ear.
"stereo," She pointed to the other.
"the way you move ain't fair, you know!" She spun around while we sang behind
her.
"Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do..." She danced around.
"tonight" She pointed to the ground.
"Hey!" We all sang.
"Hey." She sang back
"Hey!" We sang again.

Becca walked to center stage.

"Just in time, I'm so glad you have a one-track mind like me" She snapped her fingers and swayed from side to side.

Jake walked to center stage and Becca moved back to her positon.

"You gave my life direction, a game show love connection we can't deny" He
held the last note on 'Deny.'

Rebecca swapped positions with Jake.
"I'm so obsessed, my heart is bound to beat right out my untrimmed chest
I believe in you, like a virgin, you're Madonna, and I'm always gonna wanna
blow your mind" She sang and we harmonized in the background.

"Hey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio" Nathan sang and pointed to
one ear.
"stereo," he pointed to the other.
"the way you move ain't fair, you know!" He put one foot in front of the other
and spun around.

"Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do...tonight" He sang and
moon walked back to his original position.

"The way you can cut a rug, watching you's the only drug I need" Julie danced
like they did in the fifties when she sang.

"So gangsta, I'm so thug, you're the only one I'm dreaming of" Callie walked to
Julie's side and acted like a gangster.

"You see, I can be myself now finally, in fact there's nothing I can't be" Keith
sang.

"I want the world to see you be with me" Callie, Julie, and Keith all sang in
perfect harmony.

Matt ran up to the center of the little area while Jake did a back flip across the
front of it.

"Hey soul sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo," He sang solo.
"the way you move ain't fair, you know!" We all sang in unison.
"Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do tonight," Matt sang,
then walked back to his original spot.

"Hey soul sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do" I skipped to the center
and held the last note.
"tonight" I sang, sweetly.
"Hey" I sang.
"Hey." The rest of the Chorus sang.
"Hey" I sang again.
"Hey" They mirrored.
"Tonight" I slid from one side to another.
"Hey!" They sang.
"Hey" I sang.
"Hey" We all sang.
"Tonight." I sang, then we all stopped and posed.

A wave of applause rushed over us.
We all grabbed hands and bowed.


Celebration isn't always partying.
It's also practicing.


Shine On!
Julia. <3

1 comment:

  1. IT WAS SO FUN!!!!
    We all sang so beautifully! XDDD
    esp. you girrrl! :)

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete