Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Library Lullaby

"Hi." A mysterious voice pulled me out of my day dream about bunnies.
"WHO GOES THERE?" I jumped up and yelled, looking around.

I was sitting in the library at AGPPA.
"Whoa. Note to self, when messing with Julia, she becomes a security machine. Good to know." George looked like he was writing a note to himself.
I rolled my eyes.
"Note to self, George is so mean." I playfully hit his arm, which he then fell down.
"YOU'VE INJURED ME!" He exclaimed.
"If you don't get up, I really will injure you." I said with a smile.
"You don't need to tell me twice." He said, getting up.

George and I have grown very close lately, he's like my brother.

Of course, I have a crush on him, but no one knows.

Except for......Well, you guys.

It was after school and I usually relax at the Library, which George usually interrupts me.

"Well, it's three o' clock. So my mom must be out front waiting for me. I'll talk to you tomorrow, Seashell eyes." George said, using my newest nickname, it's from the song 'Julia' by The Beatles.

"See ya later, Harrison." I joked, using HIS nickname, which comes from his crazy resemblance to George Harrison of The Beatles.

I ruffled his hair, then he grabbed his backpack and left the Library.

I couldn't stop beaming like an idiot.

"Julia and George sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" A blonde girl jumped out from under the table.
"JULIANNE SHAY ALBRIGHT! YOU LITTLE SNEAK!" I yelled, my face getting red.
"JULIA SUZANNE ALBRIGHT! YOU LITTLE LOVEBIRD!" She joked back, making a heart with her hands.
"You want me to break your hands?" I asked.
"Oh, Come ON J-bug. It's OBVIOUS you like him." Julie teased.
"You're physco." I rolled my eyes, and walked to the Historical Fiction section of the Library.
"You made a WHOLE POST OF HIM on your blog!" Julie exclaimed.

I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I told Rebecca to read that one." I sneered.
"Well too bad! I read it and YOU'RE SO IN LOVE WITH HIM!" Julie squealed and hugged me.
"I'm not in love with him." I mocked her tone.
"Well, then you have a VERY intense crush on him." Julie nodded to her own comment.
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes playfully.

Julie then launched into another verse of the Julia and George song.

Then, a God-sent came through the doors of the library.

"JULIE! WE HAVE TO GO! REBECCA CAN'T STOP NAGGING ME!" Elizabeth groaned, stomping over to us.
"Gee, Liz. Who went in YOUR oatmeal this morning?" I joked.
"Can it, Julia." She snapped, then began to pull Julie out of the library.


Elizabeth does not like when people nag her.

"BYE JULIA STANDFORD!" Julie called, then exited the Library with Elizabeth.

I looked around the Library,

 it was like a ghost town.  There wasn't a soul in sight.
I remembered the song Melanie was listening to earlier.

What was it called.
OH YEAH!
I Will by The Beatles.
WHY DIDN'T I REMEMBER IT?

Well, I should say that this song is...
My.Life.In.Song.Form.

I checked every aisle in the Library, even the Librarian wasn't there!

I ran to the band room and picked up a guitar, and brought it back in the Library and began to sing.


"Who knows how long I've loved you
You know I love you still
Will I wait a lonely lifetime
If you want me to, I will." I smiled at thoughts of George and I.

"For if I ever saw you
I didn't catch your name
But it never really mattered
I will always feel the same" I nodded while singing.

"Love you forever and forever
Love you with all my heart
Love you whenever we're together
Love you when we're apart." I got up and started spinning around.

"And when at last I find you
Your song will fill the air" I looked up.

"Sing it loud so I can hear you" I shook from one side to another.

"Make it easy to be near you" I repeated that.
"For the things you do endear you to me
Oh, you know, I will
I wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllll!" I sang.

I then hummed the rest of the song while playing it.

"La da da da da da DA!" I finished and threw my hands in the air.

"Gosh, I'm becoming a Chrissa." I muttered,

then grabbed my stuff and left, completely unaware of the hazel eyes that were watching me the whole time.

- Julia.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm....J-bug YOU LOOOOVEEE GEORGIEEE!!!! Haha yep I did just call him Georgieee! Girl, I think Chrissa is rubbing off on you! hehe. OH and I'm thinking George likes you back! BUT THATS WHAT I THINK! Ooh and I wonder who's Hazel eye's were watching you!.....Hmm....

    OH AND I NEED TO MEET THIS GEORGE GUY! He's practically your LOVE and I havent even met him! I'm such a horrible sister! :D

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete