Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Do You Want To Know A Secret

Math.
THE LAMEST CLASS I HAVE.

Oh, and guess what?
IT'S FIRST PERIOD.


KILL.ME.NOW.


I looked around, made sure no one was looking and pulled out my Neon Orange iPod and hit 'shuffle'

"In the tooooooooown where I was born, lived a mannnn who sailed to se-" Ringo Starr sang 'Yellow Submarine.'

I smiled, but shuffled the songs again.

"OOOOH DARLING!" Paul McCartney belted in my ears.

I jumped about 50 feet in the air.

When I landed, I checked the volume. My iPod flashed

'Volume - 100%'

"Of Course" I muttered under my breath while turning down the volume and shuffling it once more.

"IT'S BEEN A HARD DAY'S NI-" John Lennon sang.

Dude, are ALL of the songs on my iPod by The Beatles?
I checked the iPod.

Oooh, I took CALLIE'S on accident.
For all I know, she's probably dancing around to Queen's "You're My Best Friend."

I smiled though, Callie has some pretty awesome Musical Taste.

One more shuffle.

"You'll Never Know How Much I Really Love You.
You'll Never Know How Much I Really Care" George Harrison sang.

A weird smile crept onto my face and my stomach had a weird feeling flutter through it, like...

FORESHADOWING.

"Listen, Do You Want To Know A Secret?
Do You Promise Not To Tell?
Mhmmmmmmm, Closer.
Let Me Whisper In Your Ear.
Say The Words You Long To Hear.
I'm In Love With Yo-" Georgie was cut off by some annoying voice.

"ALBRIGHT! Do you have your iPod out AGAIN?" Mrs. Gregory spat.
The smile flew off my face and I slyly put the iPod into my Jeans pocket.
"No, but I see your moustache has grown back." I muttered.

All the kids laughed.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Her already red face turned redder.
"Oh, did you not hear me? Oh, well.." I said, standing on my desk.
"YOUR MOUSTACHE HAS GROWN BACK!" I yelled.

Anything.To.Get.Out.Of.Math.

"JULIA ALBRIGHT! TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE! NOW!" Mrs. Gregory yelled.
"Do you mind saying that louder, I don't think they heard you in CHINA!" I yelled back, then grabbed my stuff and left.

The hallways in the morning are always so quiet. I'm the one who usually is caught doing something really weird in them.

I headed into the office and sat down in the 'bad kids seat.'

The Secretary, Mrs. Wilson, was giving me the death stare, like always.
"You're one of those Retro-ly Random kids, aren't you." She asked, her voice shaking.

Was she afraid of me?

"Yes, yes I am. Now if you don't mind, I'm pretty sure that your internet boyfriend has written you a message." My eyes narrowed.

I'm always like this when I meet someone new, unless they seem nice.

"You're the one with all the sarcastic comments" She muttered.
I nodded, then slouched back in my seat.

The door opened and a thin, long brown-haired boy with a thin face walked in with his curly black-haired mother.

I did a double take, then opened my books and checked out my bookmark with The Beatles on them.

"Oh.My.God." I breathed, looking at the boy.

He looked almost EXACTLY like George Harrison in 1965.

"Alrighty George.." His mom started.

I could have passed out.

Ms. Wilson shot me a look that said 'Behave,' then made her way to the front counter.

"Hi! Welcome to AGPPA, are you here to enroll your son?" She asked in a fake sweet voice.
"We already did" George's mom smiled.
"Oh, well then what is your name?" Ms. Wilson asked George.
"George Standford." George smiled.

I sighed, dreamily. Then straightened up and sat up.

"Oh yes! The new student from New York! Welcome" Ms. Wilson smiled.
"Thank you" George smiled.
"Well, since your already registered, we're going to need you to go see the Principal, Mrs. Fredriches, to get your schedule." Ms. Wilson smiled.
"Oh okay" George sounded kind of unsure.
"Well, good luck on your first day at AGPPA" George's mom ruffled George's hair and left.
"Bye Mom" George waved.
"Bye!" George's mom, Peppy Pepperson, waved back.

"Come on back, George" Ms. Wilson smiled, and opened the gate to let George come into the back of the Main Office.
I prepped myself, then realized.

I'M.NOT.BECCA.

"Well, here we are! The Principal's Office! I'm sorry she's the first person you have to meet, but this is Julia Albright." Ms. Wilson poured venom into my name.
"Hi" I greeted coolly.
"Hey there" He replied.

I could have died.
STOP IT JULIA.

"Well, sit down George and when Mrs. Fredriches calls you in, she'll give you your schedule. And Julia........." Ms. Wilson trailed off, then turned and left to go back to the front of the office.

"BYE BESTIE! I'LL CALL YOU LATER!" Sarcasm was seeping through my voice.
I thought I heard "Die in a hole, Albright." But I don't know.

I turned to George and on the inside I was blushing and being all flirty, but on the outside, I was just being plain ol' Julia.
"Hey, George, right?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Cool name. I knew a George once, well not personally but......" I trailed off when I saw him staring at me with an amused face.
"You amuse me." He chuckled.

On the inside I was blushing, on the outside.

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?" I by mistake yelled.

Just so you know, it's kind of hard for me to show affection.

"That I think you're funny?" He asked, looking a bit confused and a tiny bit scared.
"Oh, well thanks" I calmed down and smiled.
"George Standford" He smiled, putting out his hand.
"Michael Jackson." I exchanged, putting out mine.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr. Jackson" He laughed.
"The pleasure is all mine, HEE HEE" I did my Michael Jackson impersonation, I imagined Marisol slapping the back of my head.
He laughed.
"Hey, but I like MJ's music!" He exclaimed.
"So do I, but his voice was so adorable, and yet so easy to make fun of.": I giggled insanely.
"Well, Julia, do you have a last name?" He cut to the chase.

"Albright, Julia. Albright." I said like James Bond.
He laughed again.
"Stop it! You're killing me!" He said.
"That's what I do, I'm a killer" I smiled.

"ALBRIGHT! GET IN HERE!" Mrs. Fredriches yelled from her room as a very squeamish 6th grader exited her office looking white as a ghost.
George's intense chocolate brown eyes grew about ten times bigger than normal.
"Don't worry, she only does that when you make fun of one of the teachers" I smiled.
"What are you here for?" He asked, looking concerned.
"Making fun of my math teacher's girl-stache. Catch ya later" I explained, getting up and walking into the Death Chamber as everyone I know calls it.

"JULIA ALBRIGHT I HOPE YOU KNOW THAT......" Mrs. Fredriches' voice was blocked out by my thoughts of George. And also my two personalities fighting over whether I like him or not.

"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!" Mrs. Fredriches continued to yell.

"Listen, Do You Want To Know A Secret." George Harrison's voice came back to my ears.
I kept on imaginably playing 'Do You Want To Know A Secret' for the rest of the day.


Do YOU guys want to know a secret?
I like George <3

SHINE ON!
Julia <3

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Julia Albright has a Crush!! EEP!
    I'm so happy for ya giiirll! I bet someday you and George will live Happily ever After! hehe

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete